About this Product
Our Herkimer diamond wedding necklace is a simple backdrop handmade in a minimal pull over style for the bride looking to add a little extra sparkle on her special day. The front has a 3 little Herkimer stones that match the stone for the drop in back. The back is made in a lariat style with the drop free floating on the chain.
- Necklaces are made in 26 inch and 28 inch lengths and are long enough to fit over your head.
- Measuring instructions can be found in the "How it's Made" section
About Herkimer Diamonds:
Herkimer diamonds are double terminated quartz crystals that grow in Herkimer, New York. Double terminated stones have two end points that enhances the refraction of light, which creates the sparkles very similar to real diamonds.
A natural diamond has to be cut and faceted. A Herkimer diamond crystal is naturally faceted by nature to have 2 end points and 18 facets.
You can click the link below if you would like to see more from our wedding collection:
You can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or click contact us.
Thank you for visiting our jewelry shop,
Linda and Joe
Meet the Maker
Handcrafted Jewelry with a Love for Gemstones
Welcome to Linda's Jewelry Shop! I'm Linda, and my son Joe and I are the owners of our jewelry shop in New Hampshire. We create handmade gemstone jewelry in minimal styles with 925 sterling silver and 14K gold filled.
What we love about jewelry making:
We love working with natural gemstones and simple designs that bring out the beauty of the stone. Jewelry making is one of the remaining crafts that cannot be mass produced and there are always new skills to learn and new gemstones to discover. It is such a rewarding feeling when someone purchases one of our jewelry pieces to give to someone special!
What are we working on now:
We are adding our fall jewelry collection of citrine, carnelian, and garnet gemstones. Working on a few new backdrop necklaces designs for fall and winter weddings.
What we are planning next:
We will be creating some gift boxes ideas and necklace and earring sets for the holidays. Hand forged earwires and hoops are planned for the fall and winter.
Down the road we hope to do a few craft shows and gem shows and make some local connections. We are always adding new gemstones and designs to our collection. Just let us know if there is a particular gemstone you are looking for.
Where can you find us?
You can find us on our Goimagine marketplace shop:
You can also find us on our website store:
You can follow us on Facebook:
You can follow us on Instagram:
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions, or if you would like us to design something special just for you.
Thank you to all our customers for supporting our jewelry shop,
Linda and Joe
How it’s Made
This backdrop necklace is made in a lariat style with the drop in back free floating long the chain. The front is a dainty choker style with 3 little herkimer stones adorned with flower cap beads.
Using our chain nose and round nose pliers and 26G round wire, we wrap the herkimer stones and beads onto our dainty cable chain for the choker in front. For the drop we wrap a tiny bead onto the jumpring that dangles the chain for the drop, and finish with a single herkimer stone at the end.
All metal components used in this design are 925 sterling silver, 14K gold filled and 14K rose gold filled.
Herkimer diamond gemstones 6-8mm
14K rose gold filled, 14K gold filled, and 925 sterling silver:
1.2mm cable chain
2mm and 3mm round beads
26G half hard round wire
5mm jump ring
3mm flower cap beads
Measuring for a back necklace:
1) Take a long piece of string and place the center of the string in front of your neck (cut enough for the 26-28 inch length that fits over your head and cut an extra piece for the drop).
2) Bring both ends of the string around to the back, and then bring them together to form a V.
3) In the front, pull the string forward slightly to adjust the length either in a shorter choker or longer pendant style, whichever way you would like to wear it. Then readjust the back slightly where you would like to form the V.
4) Measure at 26 and 28 inches to see which length fits best, making sure it can easily slide over your head
5) Then from the V in back add a 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 inch length of string (or two for a double strand) to see where you would like your drop to fall.
6) Make sure that when you measure, you are keeping in mind where your open back dress or blouse falls. It may be best to measure while wearing your outfit. If you prefer a different length just let us know.
Just let us know if you have any questions,
Linda and Joe
Welcome to Linda's Jewelry Shop. We have added some information and policies below. Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions or click "contact maker."
Can I return or exchange my jewelry?
We want you to be happy with your jewelry purchase. If you would like to return or exchange an item, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
For returns please notify us first and return the jewelry within 14 days. Items are to be returned in their original condition unworn and unused in their original box. The buyer assumes return/exchange shipping costs.
Do you offer repairs?
Sometimes things happen, like pulling on an earring while combing your hair....or little ones that tug on a necklace chain. Please let us know if you need a repair. We only charge a fee to cover the costs to replace any missing or damaged items necessary for the repair. If we no longer carry the supplies to repair your jewelry (for instance we may be out of a particular gemstone) we often have alternatives that can be used. Please return the entire jewelry piece, even broken pieces. The buyer assumes return/exchange shipping costs.
Do you make custom orders?
We enjoy making custom orders and are happy to design something just for you. But because these items are customized for you and are not something we currently sell in our shop, we cannot take returns on these items.
How long will it take to ship my order?
Currently we are shipping all orders in 3-5 business days and we ship from New Hampshire with USPS. Shipping is free for orders $35 and over. We add tracking to all our packages.
Custom orders may take additional time. This usually occurs if we have to order certain supplies to make your custom order.
How long is it taking USPS to deliver?
First class takes 3-5 business days on average and Priority mail is taking 2-3 days. Unfortunately delivery delays can occur that are outside of our control.
What if I entered the wrong address?
Please always check the address you entered is correct before completing your purchase. If you entered an incorrect address please let us know as soon as possible so we can make the changes before shipping your item.
If the item ships to the wrong address, it can take quite some time to come back to us. We will notify you when the item comes back and send you a link to purchase another shipping label with the correct address. We are not responsible for items lost due to an incorrect address.
What if I ordered the wrong size?
Sometimes the fit just isn't quite right and you need your necklace or bracelet longer or shorter. Just let us know and we are happy to make adjustments for you free of charge.
How can I make sure I'm ordering the right size?
- The size of each gemstone is provided in the item description or in the "how its made" section under materials.
- We do offer different chain length options for most of our jewelry items. If you are looking for a different length just let us know.
- For measuring necklace chains, the best method is to cut a piece of string and wrap around from behind your neck, bringing both ends in front of you to see what length fits best.
- Our backdrop necklaces have instructions for measuring under the "how its made" section."
- For bracelets, you can cut a piece of string and measure around your wrist. We advise to allow a quarter to half inch extra for the bracelet to hang comfortably. Adjust the string to how you would like your bracelet to hang.
- If you are unsure of your ring size, any local jeweler can check your size for you (usually for free).
How do I return or exchange my jewelry?
With all returns please notify us first at email@example.com. You can place the jewelry in the box it came in, and place the box into a padded bubble envelope. That will protect the jewelry during shipping. We always advise to add tracking to your order that helps us locate the package if a delivery issue occurs.
How long will it take to issue my refund?
We issue refunds within 1-3 business days for items returned in their original condition.
My item arrived damaged. What do I do?
Please let us know right away if an item arrives damaged at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I care for my jewelry?
We include jewelry care instructions with each order. Please be sure to read about caring for your jewelry. You can always contact us with any questions. We cannot replace or repair items that are damaged due to neglect of care (example: jewelry worn in chlorinated pools or cleaned with household chemicals, or items tarnished that were not stored properly).
Is our information kept private?
We never share any private information. We will only use your shipping and billing address and any contact information for the following:
To communicate with you about your order
To fulfill your order
For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
If you have any questions just let us know.
Thank you for shopping handmade,
Linda and Joe