Caring for Gemstones
Caring for your gemstones:
- You can use warm water and mild soap to clean most gemstones.
- Gently wipe your gemstones using a soft cloth and be sure to rinse well to remove any soap residue.
- With most gemstones you want to avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperature fluctuations.
- As with most gems, avoid the use of heat steamers and ultrasonic cleaners.
- Always remove your jewelry before showering or swimming in chlorinated pools or ocean water.
- When storing your gemstones, store them separately and away from other gems to avoid scratches.
- If possible, wrap your gems individually in a soft cloth for extra protection and place in a fabric lined jewelry box.
Feel free to contact us at LindasJewelryShop@comcast.net if you have any further questions.