Angelite Filigree Necklace in Sterling Silver
Our angelite filigree necklace is made in sterling silver with natural blue angelite gemstones and filigree links. A delicate wedding necklace for the bride looking for something blue in a shorter choker style. We have matching earrings if you would like to make a set. Earrings have a 1 1/2 inch drop.
Angelite was first discovered in Peru in 1987 and is a light pastel blue variety of the gemstone anhydrite. The name anhydrite comes from the Greek word ‘anhydra’ meaning without water. Anhydrite gemstones are formed when gypsum stones have been in contact with water, then evaporate over time leaving the anhydrite crystals behind that have lost all hydration.
Angelite is a soft gemstone and should never be immersed in water, as this can bring out traces of white calcium as the stone rehydrates.
Although anhydrite crystals can be found in many places around the world, the blue variety of angelite is quite rare. The leading supplier of angelite is Peru, with deposits also found in New Mexico and Germany. Angelite is known as a soothing calming stone.
You can click the link below if you would like to see more wedding jewelry from our shop:
Angelite gemstones 4mm and 6mm round
925 sterling silver:
1.2mm cable chain
19x6mm oval filigree links
2mm round beads
24G half hard round wire
- If you have any questions you can click onto the "contact us" tab at the top of the page and we will get in touch.
- All Orders $35 and over receive FREE SHIPPING
- Orders ship within 1-3 business days with USPS
- We do not take returns on earrings due to hygiene reasons.
- All jewelry comes in a gift box with a bow ready for gift giving.
- We now offer free gift wrapping with wrapping paper and ribbon for special occasions. Just enter GIVEITAWRAP in the notes section at checkout and let us know the occasion for selecting your wrapping paper.
What we include:
Your jewelry will arrive in a gift box with a bow along with:
- a polishing cloth
- anti tarnish tab
- instructions on how to care for your jewelry
- information about your gemstone
- a free little gift just for you!
Thank you for vising our jewelry shop,
Linda and Joe