Cascading Moonstone Backdrop Necklace
Our moonstone backdrop necklace is made with natural moonstone gemstones cascading down a 14K gold filled cable chain. Designed for the bride to compliment a backless wedding gown with little moonstones that create a shimmer of blue as you walk down the isle.
You can click the link below if you would like the earrings to match with your necklace:
- You can choose your back necklace in 14K gold filled, 925 sterling silver, or 14K rose gold filled.
- The backdrop shown is a 16 inch length with an 10 inch drop. The model is petite.
- The drop attaches to the back of the necklace.
Moonstone is a natural gemstone in the feldspar family of minerals that is well known for its blue shimmering flashes of color. This shimmering effect is called adularescence. Moonstone has a unique crystal structure that creates this optical phenomena. Alternating layers of albite inclusions mixed with layers of orthoclase create a whitish-blue sheen of color as light enters the stone and bounces back. Some moonstone will display tiny dots of rainbow colors.
Moonstone can be found in many places around the world, with the most popular deposits in India and Sri Lanka. It is the birthstone for those born in June.
You can click the link below if you would like to see more wedding jewelry from our shop:
You can click the link below if you would like to see more moonstone jewelry from our shop:
Natural moonstone gemstone rondelles 4-6mm and teardrop briolettes 8-11mm
925 sterling silver, 14K gold filled, and 14K rose gold filled:
1.2mm cable chain
3mm extender chain
2mm round beads
4 and 5mm jump ring
26G half hard round wire
How its made:
In this design, the drop attaches to the necklace chain in back along a 1 inch extender we added so you can adjust the length. If you prefer to have yours with a detachable drop, just let us know. We can simply remove the extender and have the drop attach at the clasp.
The drop in back has tiny moonstones in a faceted rondelle shape cascading down the chain with tiny beads to match the chain on both sides of each moonstone. The end of the drop had a moonstone teardrop briolette.
The front is designed in a simple pendant style with a teardrop briolete free floating on the chain.
Measuring for a backdrop necklace:
1) Take a piece of string (common necklace chain lengths are 16, 18, or 20 inches) and place the center of the string in front of your neck.
2) Bring both ends around to the back of your neck and measure the length that is comfortable to you.
3) Next cut a piece of string at 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 inches (or two pieces for a double strand drop) and measure where you would like your drop to fall. Measure the drop length from the back of the neck at the clasp.
- If you have any questions you can click onto the "contact us" tab at the top of the page and we will get in touch.
- All Orders $35 and over receive FREE SHIPPING
- Orders ship within 1-3 business days with USPS
- All jewelry comes in a gift box with a bow ready for gift giving.
- We now offer free gift wrapping with wrapping paper and ribbon for special occasions. Just enter GIVEITAWRAP in the notes section at checkout and let us know the occasion for selecting your wrapping paper.
What we include:
Your jewelry will arrive in a gift box with a bow along with:
- a polishing cloth
- anti tarnish tab
- instructions on how to care for your jewelry
- information about your gemstone
- a free little gift just for you!
Thank you for vising our jewelry shop,
Linda and Joe