Faceted Opal Pendant, Genuine Welo Opal
Our faceted opal pendant is made with a genuine welo opal gemstone dangling from a dainty sterling silver box chain. Stones are faceted oval cut 7x5mm earth mined in the Wollo Province of Ethiopia. Lots of sparkling color play which is unique to each stone. Great gift idea for an October birthday.
We do have an opal pendant 7mm round if you prefer a larger stone:
Ethiopian opal was discovered by farmers in 2008 in the small village of Wegel Tena in the Wollo Province of Ethiopia. The opal is found in horizontal layers of volcanic rock along cliffs. About 200 local miners work with homemade tools, picks, hammers, and shovels to extract the opal from the rock. Mining the opal is very difficult because of the rough terrain. The cliffs in Wegel Tena are becoming the leading supplier of high quality opal gemstones.
Opals have “play of color” which is created by the light reflecting off of silica spheres in the stone. They can display a variety of colors when turning the stone at different angles. Each opal is unique in the colors they display, vibrancy, and hues of color. Opals also differ in the patterns of color dispersion across the stone such as pinpoint (or pinfire), mosaic, flame, and peacock patterns.
Welo opal gemstone 7x5mm weighs 0.47-0.55carats mined in Ethiopia
925 sterling silver:
4 prong setting
925 sterling silver 0.7mm box chain
4mm jump ring
- If you have any questions you can click onto the "contact us" tab at the top of the page and we will get in touch.
- All Orders $35 and over receive FREE SHIPPING
- Orders are shipped within 1-3 business days with USPS.
- All jewelry comes in a gift box with a bow ready for gift giving.
- We now offer free gift wrapping with wrapping paper and ribbon for special occasions. Just enter GIVEITAWRAP in the notes section at checkout and let us know the occasion for selecting your wrapping paper.
What we include:
Your jewelry will arrive in a gift box with a bow along with:
a polishing cloth
anti tarnish tab
instructions on how to care for your jewelry
information about your gemstone
a free little gift just for you!
Thank you for visiting our jewelry shop,
Linda and Joe