Larimar Back Necklace, Bridal Backdrop
Our larimar back necklace is a bridal backdrop designed for a backless wedding gown. Made in a minimal lariat style to add a little something blue on your special day. Stones are natural Dominican larimar with a baby blue marbling color. The drop dangles from a tiny freshwater pearl and the front has a larimar heart briolette.
- You can choose your necklace in 14K gold filled, 14K rose gold filled, or 925 sterling silver.
- The necklace shown is 26 inch with a 5 inch drop.
- Necklaces are made in 26 inch and 28 inch lengths and are long enough to fit over your head.
Larimar is found in the Dominican Republic. Deposits surface when crystallized minerals are pushed up through hot gases in volcanic chimneys or tubes. Often miners have to dig deep within these tubes to locate deposits. Sometimes the larimar can be found along the shore of the Caribbean where deposits are carried by the Bahoruco River.
Larimar varies in shades of blue ranging from a light blue to a deep sky blue sometimes with a greenish tinge of color. The colors are often in a marbling pattern mixed with white. The blue coloring comes from copper within the stone. Larimar stones are photosensitive and the color can begin to fade if exposed to strong sunlight and heat over a long period of time.
Dominican larimar gemstones 8x8mm smooth heart briolette and 9x6mm-10x7mm smooth pear briolette
Freshwater pearl 3mm off round
14K rose gold filled, 14K gold filled, and 925 sterling silver:
1.2mm cable chain
2mm round beads
26G half hard round wire
5mm jump ring
Measuring for a back necklace:
1) Take a long piece of string and place the center of the string in front of your neck (cut enough for the 26-28 inch length that fits over your head and cut an extra piece for the drop).
2) Bring both ends of the string around to the back, and then bring them together to form a V.
3) In the front, pull the string forward slightly to adjust the length either in a shorter choker or longer pendant style, whichever way you would like to wear it. Then readjust the back slightly where you would like to form the V.
4) Measure at 26 and 28 inches to see which length fits best, making sure it can easily slide over your head
5) Then from the V in back add a 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 inch length of string (or two for a double strand) to see where you would like your drop to fall.
6) Make sure that when you measure, you are keeping in mind where your open back dress or blouse falls. It may be best to measure while wearing your outfit. If you prefer a different length just let us know.
- If you have any questions you can click onto the "contact us" tab at the top of the page and we will get in touch.
- All Orders $35 and over receive FREE SHIPPING
- Orders ship within 1-3 business days with USPS
- We do not take returns on earrings due to hygiene reasons.
- All jewelry comes in a gift box with a bow ready for gift giving.
- We now offer free gift wrapping with wrapping paper and ribbon for special occasions. Just enter GIVEITAWRAP in the notes section at checkout and let us know the occasion for selecting your wrapping paper.
What we include:
Your jewelry will arrive in a gift box with a bow along with:
- a polishing cloth
- anti tarnish tab
- instructions on how to care for your jewelry
- information about your gemstone
- a free little gift just for you!
Thank you for visiting our jewelry shop,
Linda and Joe