Minimal Lapis Lazuli Back Drop Necklace
Our lapis lazuli back drop necklace is made in a dainty minimal style with marquise cut natural lapis gemstones. Simple back lariat for the bride with an open back wedding dress looking for a little royal blue color. We have long chain earrings to match if you would like to make a set. Earrings have a 2 1/2 inch drop.
- You can choose your necklace and earrings in 14K rose gold filled, 14K gold filled, and 925 sterling silver.
- Necklaces are made in 26 inch and 28 inch lengths in a pull over style so no clasp is needed.
- The necklace shown is 26 inch with a 6 inch drop. The model is petite.
- If you would like your earrings longer just message us to let us know.
About Lapis Lazuli:
Lapis was discovered over 6,000 years ago in the Hindu-Kush mountains of Afghanistan. It is a natural untreated stone with a royal blue color, some with gold flecks from pyrite inclusions.
Lapis can now be found in several places around the world. Afghanistan is still known for having the highest quality stones.
During the middle ages lapis was used as a pigment for ultramarine color by painters. In the Middle East lapis was used an inlays in wall panels in palaces and churches.
You can click the link below if you would like to see more wedding jewelry from our shop:
You can click the link below if you would like to see more lapis lazuli jewelry from our shop:
Lapis lazuli gemstones 10-12mm x 6-7mm marquise cut
925 sterling silver, 14K gold filled, and 14K rose gold filled:
1.2mm cable chain
2mm and 3mm round beads
5mm jump ring
26G half hard round wire
20G french hook earwires
Measuring for a back necklace:
1) Take a long piece of string and place the center of the string in front of your neck (cut enough for the 26-28 inch length that fits over your head and cut an extra piece for the drop).
2) Bring both ends of the string around to the back, and then bring them together to form a V.
3) In the front, pull the string forward slightly to adjust the length either in a shorter choker or longer pendant style, whichever way you would like to wear it. Then readjust the back slightly where you would like to form the V.
4) Measure at 26 and 28 inches to see which length fits best, making sure it can easily slide over your head
5) Then from the V in back add a 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 inch length of string (or two for a double strand) to see where you would like your drop to fall.
6) Make sure that when you measure, you are keeping in mind where your open back dress or blouse falls. It may be best to measure while wearing your outfit.
7) If you prefer a different length just let us know.
- If you have any questions you can click onto the "contact us" tab at the top of the page and we will get in touch.
- All Orders $35 and over receive FREE SHIPPING
- Orders are shipped within 1-3 business days with USPS
- We do not take returns on earrings due to hygiene reasons.
- All jewelry comes in a gift box with a bow ready for gift giving.
- We now offer free gift wrapping with wrapping paper and ribbon for special occasions. Just enter GIVEITAWRAP in the notes section at checkout and let us know the occasion for selecting your wrapping paper.
What we include:
Your jewelry will arrive in a gift box with a bow along with:
- a polishing cloth
- anti tarnish tab
- instructions on how to care for your jewelry
- information about your gemstone
- a free little gift just for you!
Thank you for visiting our jewelry shop,
Linda and Joe