Raw Amethyst Backdrop Necklace
Our raw amethyst backdrop necklace is made with purple amethyst gemstones on a gold filled cable chain. Perfect for a boho style wedding for those that love rough cut natural stones. The front is worn in a choker style and the back is made in a lariat style dangling a shiny bar for the drop.
You can click the link below if you would like the matching amethyst earrings:
- Necklaces are made in 26 and 28 inches and long enough to fit over your head so no clasp is needed.
- Necklaces are made in 925 sterling silver and 14K gold filled.
- Photos show a 26 inch chain with a 6" drop in the 5th photo, and a 7" drop in the other photos. The model is petite.
Amethyst belongs to the quartz family of minerals and is the birthstone for those born in February or under the zodiac sign of Pisces. Although amethyst can be found in many places around the world, the largest deposits are found in Brazil.
The purple color of this natural untreated gemstone comes from iron and aluminum deposits in the stone. Without the iron and aluminum, amethyst would be a colorless gemstone. Amethyst colors can vary from a light violet purple to a deeply saturated dark purple. The colors look best in natural daylight.
You can click the link below if you would like to see more raw stone jewelry from our shop:
You can click the link below if you would like to see more wedding jewelry from our shop:
Raw amethyst gemstones 6-12mm
14K gold filled and 925 sterling silver:
1.2mm cable chain
2mm round beads
textured bar drop
26G half hard round wire
4 and 5mm jump ring
Measuring for a back necklace:
1) Take a long piece of string and place the center of the string in front of your neck (cut enough for the 26-28 inch length that fits over your head and cut an extra piece for the drop).
2) Bring both ends of the string around to the back, and then bring them together to form a V.
3) In the front, pull the string forward slightly to adjust the length either in a shorter choker or longer pendant style, whichever way you would like to wear it. Then readjust the back slightly where you would like to form the V.
4) Measure at 26 and 28 inches to see which length fits best, making sure it can easily slide over your head
5) Then from the V in back add a 4, 5, 6, or 7 inch length of string (or two for a double strand) to see where you would like your drop to fall.
6) Make sure that when you measure, you are keeping in mind where your open back dress or blouse falls. It may be best to measure while wearing your outfit.
- If you have any questions you can click onto the "contact us" tab at the top of the page and we will get in touch.
- All Orders $35 and over receive FREE SHIPPING
- Orders ship within 1-3 business days with USPS
- All jewelry comes in a gift box with a bow ready for gift giving.
What we include:
Your jewelry will arrive in a gift box with a bow along with:
- a polishing cloth
- anti tarnish tab
- instructions on how to care for your jewelry
- information about your gemstone
- a free little gift just for you!
Thank you for vising our jewelry shop,
Linda and Joe