Raw Diamond Backdrop Necklace, Herkimer Diamond
Our raw diamond backdrop necklace is made with natural Herkimer diamond gemstones cascading down a gold filled cable chain. A dainty wedding necklace for the bride with an open back dress who want lots of sparkle on her special day. The front is a double strand layered necklace set. The drop in back is removable so you can wear the necklace without the drop if you like.
You can click the link below for the matching threader earrings if you would like to make a set:
- You can choose your necklace in 925 sterling silver, 14K gold filled, or 14K rose gold filled.
- The necklace shown is 18"/21" with an 8 inch drop.
- We do have salt and pepper Herkimer diamonds if you prefer yours with the little inclusions. Just message us to let us know.
About Herkimer Diamonds:
Herkimer diamonds are double terminated quartz crystals that grow in Herkimer, New York. Double terminated stones have two end points that enhances the refraction of light, which creates the sparkles very similar to real diamonds.
You can click the link below if you would like to see more wedding jewelry from our shop:
You can click the link below if you would like to see more Herkimer diamond jewelry from our shop:
Raw Herkimer diamond gemstones 6-8mm
925 sterling silver, 14K gold filled, and 14K rose gold filled:
1.2mm cable chain
3mm extender chain
2mm round beads
4 and 5mm jump ring
26G half hard round wire
How its Made:
This wedding necklace is a double strand layered necklace set in the front with a detachable drop in back.
The shorter chain in the front has little clusters of Herkimer diamonds and tiny sterling silver or gold filled beads. We wire wrap each cluster onto the cable chain.
The longer necklace in front is made in a lariat y style using a simple cable chain and adding a free floating drop that dangles 2 little Herkimer diamonds.
These two necklaces are attached together, and we wire wrapped matching clusters in the back to adorn the clasp.
The two strands in front fall 3 inches apart.
The drop is removable and attaches at the clasp. The drop is made using the 26G wire to wrap these matching clusters cascading down the chain.
If you prefer a different length than available just message us to let us know.
Measuring for a backdrop necklace:
1) Take two pieces of string (common layered necklace chain lengths are 14/17, 16/19, or 18/21 inches) and place the center of the strings in front of your neck.
2) Bring the ends around to the back of your neck and measure the lengths that are comfortable to you.
3) Next cut a piece of string 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 inches (or two pieces for a double strand drop) and measure where you would like your drop to fall. Measure the drop length from the back of the neck at the clasp.
- If you have any questions you can click onto the "contact us" tab at the top of the page and we will get in touch.
- All Orders $35 and over receive FREE SHIPPING
- Orders ship within 1-3 business days with USPS
- All jewelry comes in a gift box with a bow ready for gift giving.
What we include:
Your jewelry will arrive in a gift box with a bow along with:
- a polishing cloth
- anti tarnish tab
- instructions on how to care for your jewelry
- information about your gemstone
- a free little gift just for you!
Thank you for vising our jewelry shop,
Linda and Joe