Wedding Back Necklace with Blue Sapphire and Opal
Our back necklace with blue sapphire is a wedding necklace handcrafted with genuine sapphire and opal gemstones. Backdrop necklaces are a popular trend for the bride with a low back wedding dress. Made in a lariat style with a blue sapphire briolette dangling from opal rondelles on a dainty gold filled cable chain.
You can click the link below for the blue sapphire earrings to match with your necklace:
- You can choose your necklace in 14K rose gold filled, 14K gold filled, and 925 sterling silver.
- Our necklaces are made in 26 inch or 28 inch lengths in a pull over style so no clasp is needed.
- The necklace shown is 26 inch length with a 4 inch drop. The model is petite.
Sapphire belongs to the corundum group of minerals, and although blue is the most popular color, sapphire can come in a variety of colors. Sapphire can be any gem quality corundum stone color except for red, which is ruby. It is the second hardest gemstone next to diamond.
Sapphire comes from the Persian word safir which is derived from the Greek word meaning blue. Kashmir, Burma and Sri Lanka are the well known locations for mining sapphire, but recently Madagascar has become the leading supplier.
Opals are a unique gemstone because no two opals are the same. Opals have “play of color” which is created by the light reflecting off of silica spheres in the stone. They can display a variety of colors when turning the stone at different angles. Each opal is unique in the colors they display, vibrancy, and hues of color. Our opals are from the Wollo Province of Ethiopia.
You can click the link below if you would like to see more wedding jewelry from our shop:
You can click the link below if you would like to see more blue sapphire jewelry from our shop:
Blue sapphire gemstone heart briolettes 7-8mm
Opal rondelle gemstones 3-4mm
925 sterling silver, 14K gold filled, and 14K rose gold filled:
1.2mm cable chain
2mm round beads
5mm jump ring
26G half hard round wire
Measuring for a back necklace:
1) Take a long piece of string and place the center of the string in front of your neck (cut enough for the 26-28 inch length that fits over your head and cut an extra piece for the drop).
2) Bring both ends of the string around to the back, and then bring them together to form a V.
3) In the front, pull the string forward slightly to adjust the length either in a shorter choker or longer pendant style, whichever way you would like to wear it. Then readjust the back slightly where you would like to form the V.
4) Measure at 26 and 28 inches to see which length fits best, making sure it can easily slide over your head
5) Then from the V in back add a 4, 5, 6, or 7 inch length of string (or two for a double strand) to see where you would like your drop to fall.
6) Make sure that when you measure, you are keeping in mind where your open back dress or blouse falls. It may be best to measure while wearing your outfit.
7) If you prefer a different length just let us know.
- If you have any questions you can click onto the "contact us" tab at the top of the page and we will get in touch.
- All Orders $35 and over receive FREE SHIPPING
- Orders ship within 1-3 business days with USPS
- All jewelry comes in a gift box with a bow ready for gift giving.
What we include:
Your jewelry will arrive in a gift box with a bow along with:
- a polishing cloth
- anti tarnish tab
- instructions on how to care for your jewelry
- information about your gemstone
- a free little gift just for you!
Thank you for vising our jewelry shop,
Linda and Joe